Maria Ilyina Master class on lamination at home with iron
Good evening! I know that this master class is not a discovery for "desperate needlewomen", but still I will share my experience for those who are not familiar with this technique.
Soon all teachers will take place autumn holidays in Dow. Well, what holiday without autumn attributes? In my case, these are the sheets of maple. So that the children do not remember them, I conceived them to ill. For this you need laminator It is not expensive, but why spend money when you can do without it. So I prepared for you
"Master class of lamination at home"
What do we need:
- Film for lamination (prices from 500 rubles. And above, it all depends on the thickness of the film.
The film thickness is measured in microns. From 75 to 200 microns. I bought a film with a thickness of 2 * 125 microns. The source material is quite dense).
- Material itself that will laminate
- solid surface
What is this miracle film?
These are transparent matte sheets, which are interconnected on the one hand.
The feature of such a film is that from the inside it is missed by a glue layer, which is activated under the influence of two factors - heat and pressure. During which it is sealing and uses tightness.
Heat the iron on a reduced or average temperature (in my case the wheel is installed on Silk).
Above the temperature do not install, otherwise the film will become watery
Put the leaf into the film (excess I cut off - it is useful for small details
And pressing the iron starting from the place of connection to the edges to bring all the air.
- If you are afraid that the film sticks to the iron, then put the usual sheet of A4 format on top of the film.
I first pass on one side, then I turn over and also the same on the other side.
As soon as the film heats up, it immediately becomes glossy and plastic.
Therefore, as soon as you happen everywhere with an iron and kicked out the air, put the material on a solid and flat surface, so that with the cooling everything was roving.
If the bubble is formed during the lamination, do not worry! For a start, pass another time with an iron with a large pressure on the material. Did not disappear? Then we take a thin needle, piercing our bubble and again stroke the iron. That's all - only the memories will remain from the bubble.
Lesson I cut off with scissors, but not close to the edges, and leaving a small indent from the material, because during operation, the film can stroke (after all, it will not cut the vico.
Well, my leaves are ready! I hope my master class was useful for you!
Why do you need lamination? It is designed to protect paper from crumpled, contamination, physical worn. It helps to keep the document, an important sheet for intent and safety. There is no desire and the opportunity to seek a similar service to a specialized salon. How to laminate paper at home? We give a few successful ways below.
Method number 1: Iron and laminating film
First you need to purchase a suitable laminating film. I must say, their great set - and in size, and in thickness. For home conditions, the A4 format is more suitable. The thickness of one half can vary from 75 to 200 microns. For independent lamination it is better to choose the finest.
The film itself is two plastic halves, connected horizontally or vertically. From the inside, the material is covered with adhesive mass - it is precisely it when heated glues it to paper.
Now we concretely move on to how to laminate paper at home Iron:
- Heat the device up to the average temperature (usually "deuce"). It is important not to overlay it - otherwise the film will be wrinkled, covered with bubbles.
- Then place the document between the films of the film, straighten it.
- Next stage: From the site of the halm connection, begin to stake in the iron, kicking over the air bubbles.
- It should be noted that the film is sold by matte, and when heated and gluing, there is already a transparency and rigidity forever.
- If the iron is heated to the recommended temperature, then it is not necessary to be afraid that the film sticks to its sole. This may only happen if you confused and put it with the adhesive side up. But just in case we advise you to put a white paper sheet between the iron and the film.
- If suddenly in the gluing process, an air bubble was still formed, then read another hot surface of the film with a rag. He must disappear.
- If the bubble does not leave, it remains only to pierce it with a pin, a needle and try to try the iron again.
Method number 2: Scotch
We continue to disassemble how to laminate paper at home without a film. Now the "student" method is using Scotch. You will need an ordinary wide adhesive tape. And, of course, the skill. You need to stick to the edge of the paper tip of the tape, and then slowly and carefully move along its width to another edge.
The method is fraught with the formation of bubbles, the appearance of non-fluxed spaces between ribbon strips. Therefore, it is successful only for small-sized documents.
Method No. 3: Thermoclays film for books
The minus of this method is one - a similar film is sold only by rolls. Therefore, it will be interesting only to those who will do homemade lamination more than once.
It is possible to use it as well as the laminating film: superimpose on the document, stroke from the edge to the edge of the iron. If you are afraid to spoil the material, then lay the paper sheet under the sole.
Method number 4: File
Let's wonder how to laminate paper at home from the file:
- Buy a file of suitable sizes.
- Cut it according to the size of the document, it is important that there are not two free halves, and the factory suture connected to one or more sides.
- Insert the paper into this protective layer.
- Take the usual tape and connect them among themselves.
- That's all, such fast and trouble-free lamination!
Method No. 5: Laminator
Many wonder how to laminate paper at home with a laminator. Here is a suitable instruction:
- Turn on the device, wait until it gets warm. Some technique informs about such a light indicator.
- Prepare a film for lamination. Put the document between its two half the document so that the adhesive layer is adjacent to it.
- If he is less than the film, then you should try to place the paper strictly in its middle, to cut the edges later. So far we will laminate in this form.
- Place the document in the film in the feed tray. At the same time, the glued edge adjoins the closed side of the container, where there is a layer that prevents the collection of glue.
- Now put the tray in the machine with the open edge of the film forward. Wait until the machine hooked it. Do not press on paper - it must slowly and freely enter the device.
- Before you remove the document, wait until it cools.
- Now you can print extra edges with scissors. The minimum remaining length is 2 mm.
Other ways of homemade lamination
How to laminate paper at home? Consider several more ways:
- Cover for books with sticky layer. It is very simple to use it: cut down a piece of material suitable in size, remove the paper protective layer from it, take it gently to the document. Do the same with another side. The cover happens in a sheet and rolled variety.
- Oilcloth. Some craftsmen successfully laminate documents and with the help of such a material.
- Self-adhesive film. Quite often, it can be found on store shelves. At one time, it was widely used to inhale the second life in the furniture, doors. One minus - only a transparent film for glass is suitable for lamination, which is not so easy to find.
- Printer film. Here you do not need to perform any additional actions - the document can already print the document.
- Sheets from photo albums. You can purchase a cheap photo album to subsequently disassemble it to the sheets. Inside each place the document, cut the envelope on the edge of the paper, put the scotch tape.
So we disassembled how to laminate paper at home. Choose any convenient and suitable way for you: self-adhesive film, file, laminator, sticky tape, oilcloth, and so on.
In everyday life, people very often have to use various documents. Unfortunately, not all of them are made of dense and high-quality paper, have a casing or a cover warning their damage. In these cases, lamination comes to the rescue. I.e Plastic Sheath Coating, allowing you to make everyday wearing such documents safer . This deprives them of their assurance alarm and the appearance of the necessary securities. However, it happens that it is necessary to laminate something very urgently, and there is no special equipment for this. It is not scary! The protective shell can be done even without a laminator.
Next, several uncomplicated methods will be considered, allowing to carry out lamination by independent remedies.
Materials for lamination
Before moving to the lamination procedure at home, you should consider the necessary materials that need to be stocking before work.
REFERENCE! Materials are selected depending on the method of lamination, which will be selected.
One of the easiest ways is Lamination using a conventional stationery file . This method is the most budget, it will require only the presence of an iron, a sheet of paper and, in fact, the file.
Film for lamination
You can use a special film for the laminator. It is usually sold in packs of 100 pieces, does not differ high costs and happens on the shelves of almost any economic or stationery store.
REFERENCE! Films differ in the thickness, which is measured in microns. The film selection range is quite large: from 77 to 200 MK, where 75 is the thinnest, and 200 is the tight film.
It is difficult to tell what film to choose. Many people like those that "Potoney." Look at those papers that are already covered with such protection. It will help you understand which layer you want to get.
The film itself is a kind of "pocket", the parties of which can be connected either vertically or horizontally. Inside there is a thin layer of glue, when heated, it sticks the film to the paper.
- To secure the protective layer you need iron .
- It is impossible to do and without Scissors and rules .
How to minister the text of the house without a laminator
Despite the abundance of species of this procedure at home, all of them are made approximately by one instruction, where only the source materials can change places.
- The home iron is taken to be taken to its average temperature.
IMPORTANT! When heated, it should be very attentive, because in the case of overheating, the risk to spoil both the film and the document itself is great.
- The desired document is located between the parts of the film's pocket.
- From the angle, where the halves are connected, the entire surface is neatly strokes, rubbing the bubbles that appear.
- In the process of "sticking", under the action of temperature, if the film was matte, then it should acquire transparency and become a tough touch.
- If you have rolled the iron not too much, then it does not stick in the process to plastic. Nevertheless, in order to avoid damage It is recommended to use a sheet of paper as a gasket .
- If a bubble with air was formed during the lamination, you can try to benthened by a conventional dry cloth.
Subscribe to our social networks
Lamination of documents allows you to increase the durability of papers, ensures their proper safety and a presentable view. In addition, lamination is a prerequisite for a number of papers when submitting to government agencies. In order to prepare a package, you can contact a specialist or to illuminate paper yourself. About how to do this and what should be paid attention to first and foremost, and goes on.
Lamination of documents: Benefits and Disadvantages
Directly the process itself Lamination of papers looks like gluing plastic material with a special film. Thus, the paper turns out to be in a peculiar case that protects the surface of the document from the effect of the external environment. From this flowing a few significant advantages of lamination:
- The document is not wearing;
- Paper remains clean, unnoticed;
- Signs, printing and surnames of the parties remain clearly visible throughout the entire life of the papers;
- Plastic casing makes a document more noticeable, laminated documents will not be lost.
The lamination process also has a number of shortcomings. With which, however, easily terms:
- Laminated object does not add new information;
- It is harder to store, it is impossible to be bend or exposed to thermal processing.
Lamination is also a prerequisite for a number of documents, but there is no strictly regulatory provision regarding this process. You can undergo lamination. You can almost any document except for a number of cases. So, for example, it is not necessary to laminate the document before all the signatures are idle, and the notary will assure paper authenticity.
Is it possible to illuminate the document at home?
With a clear instruction, the document can be subjected to laminations at home, and, responding to the most popular question, no, the prepared paper will not differ from an analog made by a specialist. There are several possibilities for laminating papers at home, some of them provide for the involvement of third-party equipment and materials, others are extremely simple in performance and do not require significant costs. Consider several of the most popular ways.
Criteria for selecting film
Plastic for lamination paper Or images are several species. First of all, it is necessary to determine the type of material, the film can be matte, glossy or reversible. For the most part, the official bodies require the use of a glossy film, as it does not distort the contents of the document. In addition, it is important to choose whether plastic will be rolled or packet.
Rolled plastic allows you to illuminate paper of any format, picking up the sizes in place. In turn, it is easier to work with a batch film, but it is specified by several formats and for a non-standard object to choose a film will be difficult. The reversible film allows you to remove the lamination from paper, after which it is re-carried out, such plastic is essential and working with it requires special equipment.
Plastic differs in the specifics of application . When using the "hot" technology of the adhesive layer of the film enters a chemical reaction when heated above the boiling point. If the document is sensitive to temperature drops, or heating threatens to destroy a number of important elements on paper, then give preference better than the "cold" technology. In this case, the film is fixed at temperatures below 75 degrees.
Lamination Iron, the easiest way?
The most popular option to apply plastic on paper remains iron. Its surface is heated enough for the chemical reaction of the adhesive base of the film, and the design makes it easy to disperse the surface of the object, avoiding air bubbles. For the process requires a "hot" technology, glossy or half-one, thick no more than 80 microns . Third plastic simply It does not warm up to the end And part of the document may not be fixed.
The film looks like a transparent envelope in which you need to insert a target image or document. The package must be larger in size than the target object, the surplus is easier to trim at the end. The iron is exhibited on the average temperature, heated. The object is better put on a flat surface, a book covering a cloth or table. From above, it is necessary to put a blank sheet A4 in order to avoid scratches or hitting Gary from the iron.
The document is stroked several times But leave the iron on top on the document is not worth it. When the two sides of the plastic envelope are securely glued, the edges can be carefully trimmed by night lights. The finished document should be left for some time so that the plastic is cooled, after which the lamination is completed.
Transparent self-tier: alternative to lamination?
Another option as you can save the document in proper form - this is a wide self-keeper tape. It is used to cover large surfaces from dust and garbage. Like plastic, it reliably protect the document, but the tape is much thinner and is not always suitable for official papers. At home this option The most simple in execution, since it does not require any manipulations with the temperature. Self-tech is enough to apply on paper, after which it is stroke with hands or cold iron. Careful, after fixing, remove the film without damaging the paper is no longer possible.
From the video you will learn how to independently illuminate paper at home.Useful advice
You need to illuminate documents, but you have no laminator? Is it worth going to the print center when you can do it at home, and easily and just? There are a lot of ways to illuminate a document (or any other paper) at home, without resorting to the help of a laminator. Moreover, the result of work will be indistinguishable from such using special equipment.
Buy a self-adhesive film for lamination. Such films are sold by sets of 20 - 100 pieces, and cost quite inexpensive. It is recommended to buy films with a grid on the back side - it will help to properly arrange a sheet of paper.
The self-adhesive film is a polypropylene sheet covered with glue on one side. Such films are intended for lamination manually, which is made as follows:
- Separate the top of the film from the substrate, going on it with a nail. Do not touch the adhesive side of the film so as not to leave the prints.
- Enclose the top of the sheet on the adhesive surface of the film. Be careful, glue a sheet so that at the end of the procedure the entire surface is on the film.
- Gradually, separating the film from the substrate, at the same time stick it onto a sheet, constantly leveling the film using a ruler (or credit card).
- In the same way, turn the second film on the opposite side of the sheet.
- Cut an excess film at the edges. Ready, sheet is illuminated!
Of course, you can do everything easier - to completely spare the film from the substrate, and immediately glue it to the sheet, smoothing the hand. But then you risk getting air bubbles between the film and paper that you have to pierce the needle, and this may worsen the appearance of the sheet.
© Humonia / Canva
If you need to illuminate a small paper (business cards, low-informant documents, bookmarks for books), it can be done very simply using conventional tape. Even a child will cope with it. Just cut a piece of scotch 2 times longer than paper. Then place the paper on one edge of the tape, and get another edge on the opposite side of the paper. Cross the tape with a ruler / credit card and cut the extra edges of the scotch. Ready!
© Yashpreet Singh / YouTube
Buy in the stationery store Batch film for hot lamination . It is a package like the folder. Its inner surface, in contrast to the self-adhesive film, will not be a sticky - it is covered with heat-sensitive glue, which is melted at 70 ° C.
Lamination on the following source:
- Position the sheet of paper in the middle of the package, leaving an equal distance around the edges.
- Place the package with paper on a flat flat surface, and cover it from above with a thin cotton towel.
- Heat iron up to 100 ° C.
- Within 30 seconds, I am smooth the part of the towel, under which there is a package with paper, evenly covering the entire surface of the package. At the same time, we press the iron slightly (but without excesses, there will be a little effort).
- High temperature and pressure melt heat-sensitive glue, and two layers of the package slide tightly to the sheet. Remove the towel and give laminated paper to cool.
- Take the casual paper in your hands and carefully inspect it from all sides. If you find the loose of the film or air bubbles or bubbles, go through it the iron again (do not forget about the towel). If the air bubble does not disappear, pinched it with a needle and walk the iron again.
© kaspars7 / canva
The lamination procedure is over! The result of the work will not differ from the same procedure carried out using the laminator instrument.
Important! If you fear that under the influence of temperature, the document will deteriorate, the hot lamination will not suit you. In this case, it is better to take advantage of self-adhesive tape or procedure Cold lamination (glue is melted when high pressure on the film). However, for cold lamination, the packages of another type are used, and without the laminator does not work out.
Lamination in the file
Many practitioning lamination of documents in ordinary files (multiforats). The procedure does not differ from the above described above. The document is put into the file, and then through a towel or paper is stroked the iron. However, the multifora is not intended for lamination - it is not covered with heat sensitive glue, and glued to paper only due to the melting of polyethylene. This lamination method may fail - you can just spoil the document. If you need to illuminate important paper, do not risk it better, and buy a special film for lamination.
See also: What to do by May 9 do it yourself
How to choose a film for lamination
© Alenkadr / Canva
Thickness Special films for lamination varies from 75 to 200 microns. For lamination at home with the help of iron, it is recommended to choose a film is not thicker than 80 microns.
In addition, the films differ in the texture ( matte и Glossy ). For lamination of documents, it is preferable to use a glossy film - it will not cause distortion in the document.
Also films are Rolled и Packet . Above, we described the lamination procedure using a batch film. It is convenient and easy to use, but limits the size of paper to be laminated. Rolled film, respectively, is sold in rolls, and allows you to illuminate paper of any size and shape.
What can be illented? Useful advice
Most often laminate documents. But if you think about it, lamination can be used not only to preserve boring official securities. So, what can be illuminated, in addition to the documents:
- Business card. A beautiful ill-sized business card will be a pity to throw away - perhaps it will even help you in business.
- Bookmarks. Do you have a beautiful paper bookmark, but for a long time she will not live? Cammate, and use it at least all my life.
- Children's drawings, crafts. Give your children the opportunity to admire your early creativity after many years, and retaining it in perfect condition.
- Greeting cards from the most expensive people. A cable card and in 30 years will look like new.
- The most expensive letters from relatives and loved ones.
- Plans (list of cases, menu for a week, etc.). By illuminating the weekly menu and sticking it into a magnet, you will give it a solid look. Perhaps it will even help him observe.
- Labels for cabinet separation, products storage tanks, etc. Will help systematize your economy.
- Tables, rules, theorems for schoolchildren. Does your child can not learn the multiplication table? The reverse side of the notebook looks boring. Beautifully illuminate it and hang in the kitchen - during food, the child will certainly be glanced on the table, and training will go faster.
See also: Paper 21st century. Electric!
If there is no time to laminate, use synthetic paper
Today it becomes popular so-called "synthetic paper". Since it is made from chemical fibers, it has properties that beneficially distinguishing it from ordinary cellulose paper: waterproofability, fattyness, strength (in contrast to ordinary paper, it is very difficult to break it) and durability. At the same time, it retains all the beneficial properties of ordinary cellulose paper: you can write on it with a handle, draw, print on the printer, etc. If you do not have time, nor the desire to do lamination, just use synthetic paper. True, she will fly to you in a penny - there is a synthetic paper noticeably more expensive.
Almost all of their printed developing tasks I laminating for durability of use. I do it at home with an iron and a special film for lamination. I am often asked how I do it. So I decided to tell about it in detail. It will be a small master class.
To begin with - what film for lamination I use. Sets are different in the size and thickness of the film. It is most convenient at home the film for laminating A-4 format.
The film thickness is measured in microns. From 75 to 200 microns. I use the finest film - 75 or 80 microns. The specified thickness of only one half of the film. If I need thicker cards, then I just stick them to the cardboard, and then laminating. So economically more profitable, because the pleasure is not cheap, although it is enough for a long time, because in the sets of 100 sheets. I used different firms in the work - I will not say that something depends on the price, so choose the pocket.
What is the film? This is transparent Maty Pockets connected on one side - either horizontally, or vertically depends on the manufacturer's company. Inside the film was missed with a glue layer, which when heated and sticks the film to paper.
How to laminate? You will need an ordinary iron. Heat it at the average temperature - it is a little less than dividing on a twice. With overheated iron, the film will bake and go blisters.
Put the sheet of paper inside the pocket and slowly, starting with the place of the film connection, to drive out unnecessary air stroke the iron first on one side, then on the other. The film will change the view from the matte to transparent. When cooled, it will become tough. This will give additional stiffness to your products. If you are afraid that the film sticks to the iron - although this can only happen if you twist the film inside out - the adhesive side up. That run between the iron and the film is a white sheet of ordinary paper.
What if it turned out the air bubble? To begin with, try to wipe another hot cloth with a soft cloth, it happens that she just did not have time to stick. If the air bubble does not leave, but remains convex, then pinched it with a needle or pin and reprove this place with an iron. The air bubble will disappear.
I cut out on a special lining - this is also sold in stationery stores. With the help of a metal line and a stationery knife. And the rounded corners are scissors for manicure.
That's all the wisdom. I hope that this master class will be useful to you.
You will be interested:
Recording Posted in Storage Materials
. Add to bookmarks Permanent link